Monday 23 August 2010

Putting my glad rags on.

Whilst away in Cornwall for a few days, having a break from the day to day routine, I received a call from The Prince's Trust to say that I have been selected as one of three finalists out of the 30 entered for The Business Enterprise Award. This means that in November I will be attending the Celebrate Success evening where the winners are announced. It's all very exciting, especially as it will be an opportunity to put my glad rags on, which as a greeting card designer is a very rare occurrence.

I have also been asked if I would like to become a Young Ambassador for The Prince's Trust which of course I accepted. It will give me the opportunity to talk to other people going through the same experience and I hope to be able to offer some guidance about starting up in business. I do talk about The Prince's Trust when I can especially if I see that others are in need of business support. I will also receive more training for public speaking which has never been my forte. It will help enormously when I have to talk to large groups at conferences and meetings. I will keep you posted about my induction which takes place at the end of September!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome news Fay.

    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Hope the glad rags are especially nice.
    Rebecca Sutherland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! well done
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I have gathered about you & your business, this is thoroughly well deserved recognition, Fay! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I will keep you updated on the results. x Fay

    ReplyDelete