Wednesday 16 March 2011

School Assembly.

It is quite a while since I attended a school assembly, but last Thursday I woke at the crack of dawn to travel to a school in Calne, Wiltshire, an hour and a half train journey from home, to speak at a school assembly about my experience of the business enterprise programme at the Prince's Trust.

The boarding school, for girls aged 11-18, is hoping to raise lots of money for the charity over the next year, and I may be further involved with their fund raising in the months to come.
At the assembly, there were 300 girls very quietly listening to my story. It was quite difficult to throw my voice across the room, there was a microphone available but I thought that may only amplify my nerves.

The Prince's Trust have since told me that the school were incredibly enthusiastic after the assembly and the pupils can't wait to get started on their own business ideas to raise funds for the business enterprise programme. I might soon be going back to the school to help the girls with their business ideas, which will be a fantastic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment