Wednesday 27 April 2011

Cream Teas and Coastal Breeze.

I was lucky enough last week to have a few days away whilst the weather was gorgeous. My boyfriend and I stayed at a lovely farmhouse in Boscastle, which had an award winning breakfast I might add. Scrambled egg and smoked salmon for breakfast was yummy!
We visited Bude, Port Isaac, Polzeath, Rock, Wadebridge, Padstow and Tintagel. I enjoyed all of the coastal walks we did as you can't beat the fresh sea air. We couldn't have been more fortunate with the weather as I know from experience how rough the coast can be having lived in Falmouth and Bournemouth for 6 years.

Looking out to sea from Boscastle.

On the second day of our holiday we visited Port Isaac, a place that I have wanted to visit for many years. Firstly because I love the Cornish towns and villages that have so much character and a relaxed way of life, and secondly because the filming of ITV's Doc Martin takes place here. We couldn't beieve our eyes when we arrived on the Wednesday morning to find a film crew gathered outside a white house rolling film, and hushing the crowds that had gathered to watch. And to our surprise here is a glimpse of the star of the show. It was very surreal!

Martin Clunes on set.

Padstow on a beautiful sunny day.
The Camel Estuary viewed from Rock.

Stunning views at Tintagel.



No pasty for you!


A break by the sea always leaves me feeling revived and inspired, so back to work we go, there's lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment