Wednesday 1 February 2012

Inspiring Spring.

For many years I have been a huge fan of runway fashion trends, and as an illustrator my work often closely relates to the trends seen on the catwalk.

I am really inspired by the Spring trends this year, and I have utilised these colour and pattern inspirations in my own greeting cards. Floral patterns are often a running theme on the catwalk (always much more sophisticated than the fabric used for granny's curtains) and the pastel hues used by many fashion designers at the moment are gorgeous. 

I have put some photos from the highlights of the catwalk alongside my own designs. You can definitely see a subconscious inspiration in my designs.

Pastel palette from Matthew Williamson.

Ditsy florals from Nina Ricci.

Use of pattern from Jil Sander.

Baroque flourishes from Thakoon.

Delicate floral patterns from Prada.

No comments:

Post a Comment