Monday 24 September 2012

QVC Guest Audition.

On Friday I headed to the QVC headquarters with the Prince's Trust for my guest audition, along with Rebecca Taylor who has been mentored by Liz Earle creating their amazing Rose and Lavender Cleanse & Polish Special Edition.

Here we are at QVC prepared and excited for the day ahead!


QVC, having outgrown it's original location, is now based in Chiswick Park, a huge site also homing companies such as Swarovski, The Walt Disney Company and Paramount Pictures.


QVC based in Unit 8.


The wonderful grounds at Chiswick Business Park.

On arrival we were met by the really friendly QVC staff, and to my excitement they had the finished samples of my products. If you have read Hello! magazine in the past week, you will have discovered that Kelly Hoppen and I have designed and created a matching throw and cushion for sale exclusively at QVC.


This is Rebecca and I being welcomed to the audition set by Tina Halvorsen and Craig Rowe. We received some great initial advice and they made us feel at ease.
We were both filmed and interviewed for approximately ten minutes, and despite initial nerves, I did find myself getting into it, and it was really easy to talk about the products because the results are amazing. The last time I saw the design it was all on paper, so to finally see the result in fabric and in a completely different format to my greeting card designs, felt a bit surreal but I was so pleased and proud of the results.
Craig was so friendly and he made the ten minutes fly by, asking how I got involved with the Prince's Trust and what it has been like working with Kelly and the reaction from my friends and family.

All that waits now is for November to come round and for Kelly and I to appear on the live show. The audition was so worth it, because now I know there is nothing to be worried about, and I am looking forward to being able to show you the finished products!






No comments:

Post a Comment